FAQs On Road Accidents

About 33,000 people are killed each year in traffic accidents in Canada. Of these deaths, approximately 75 percent are caused by human error—including distractions like texting and talking on cell phones while driving. Other reasons include weather conditions also play a role in causing traffic accidents. Additionally, road conditions also affect your chances of being involved in an accident.

What should I do if I’m injured in an auto accident?

If you are injured in an auto accident, it is important to take pictures of the scene of the crash and get names and contact information for witnesses. You should also get a copy of your driver’s license, insurance company information and other documents related to your case. It could be helpful for you or even someone else who may need them later on if something goes wrong with their own car accident claim file. You should also be aware that there are several different types of lawsuits available against drivers who cause accidents.

How would a traumatic brain injury affect my case?

If you have a traumatic brain injury, your case may be more complicated than other cases. The insurance company may try to deny your claim and cover up the accident. You may need to hire an expert witness or lawyer who has experience in dealing with these types of cases.

What if the other driver was uninsured or underinsured?

Underinsured motorist coverage can help cover your losses if the other driver was uninsured or underinsured. Underinsured motorist coverage is a type of insurance that pays for the damages you suffer if the other driver is not at fault in an accident, but has less than what’s needed to pay for your losses.

Underinsured motorists are usually drivers with less than $25,000 per accident in their own personal auto insurance policies, meaning they would have to pay out-of-pocket because their car insurance doesn’t fully cover all damages caused by another driver’s negligence. These drivers may be at risk of filing a claim against their own company after getting injured due to an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness or recklessness; however, this could leave them unable to afford medical bills following injuries sustained during one such incident (such as head trauma).

Should I settle my case with the insurance company or go to court?

The first step in the process is to file a claim with your insurance company. Your insurance company will try to settle the case, but they may not be able to do so if there are other accidents that happened at the same time or near where yours occurred. If this happens, you can file a lawsuit against both parties involved in other accidents and get them settled at once instead of having to wait until after all arguments have been made by both sides and then make your own decision about whether or not it’s worth going through with court proceedings.

How can a lawyer help me?

If you’ve been involved in a crash, it’s important to understand all your options. You may want to consult with a lawyer who can explain the different ways that you can get compensation for your injuries and losses. A personal injury lawyer in Gloucester can also help you fight for the best possible outcome, whether that means filing a lawsuit or negotiating an agreement with the other driver to settle their case before going to court.